Halloween 2011

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween was pretty interesting this year. Brayden had been fighting a cold and the night before Halloween he was up all night coughing and crying, coughing and crying. It wasn't a normal Brayden cough either. It was like that of a fog horn (babies aren't supposed to sound like that). Chris and I decided that it was time for us to call the doctor. I was up with Brayden early Halloween morning and as I sat and rocked my coughing child as I watched the clock switch from one number to the next, number after number until the doctors office finally opened. They were able to get me in a few hours later. The doctor came in checked his eyes, ears, nose, and throat. He had a fever of 99.6. Then the doctor walked to the door told me he was at the end of his cold and there wasn't anything they could do for him. Hmmm... ok... So I took him home and we played for a few hours.
Chris got home and we hurried outside and let him crawl around and take pictures in his costume.
 We didn't want to take him door to door because he had been sick and honestly I don't need anymore candy.  We let him ring the doorbell at our house and offered him cheerios for his treat.Then Chris went to class and I opened the door for trick or treaters. One knock was never enough, it was usually 10 pounds, a door bell, followed by more pounding. This was my first year having trick or treaters since I moved out of my parents house and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe when my kids can go out trick or treating it will be more fun. I guess I will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

beckyc said...

He didn't look sick! Hope he is totally recovered. He sure is a cute dragon...